Sunday, January 08, 2006

My First Job

After attending quite a few no. of interviews I got placed at Laser Soft Infosystems as Software Engineer. Before, placing I attended interviews at

* American Megatrends
* Polaris
* Microsoft
* JBSoftware
* Alffon Systems
* TCS
* Infosys
* iGate
* Anjana Software
* Collabnet.........

During my interview at Laser Soft, they asked me questions in Java and in banking domain. I managed to answer them. There were 4 members in the interview panel (HR Head, Sr. Mgr. HR, Sr. Technical & Domain Expert). They asked questionsfrom J2EE (RMI, Servlets), XML and SOAP. After the interview after a few days there was call from them telling to pick my Offer letter. The offer letter stated that the last day for joining is 7/1/2006, but I joined there on 10/12/2005 (why waste time and my salary).

At Laser Soft I was put in the COBOL team, in which I have null experience. On the first day, I was asked to sit in some other person's cabin by my PM till he is back from Hyderabad. I was given a system running Windows 98 SE having a RM COBOL 7.0. I was practicing using the language / user manual from the Liant's website. My colleagues were really helpfull. They told to practice me on their standards (since it is an ISO 9001:2000) company. Basically, we deal with banking products. After a few days, I was given my login to the Novell server. One day, I received a call from the HR dept. stating that I had not filled my timesheet. My colleagues helped me in doing that.

After a few days (2/1/2006) I was put up into training. I was amazed to see that there are 23 ppls taking the training with me and this no. keeps increasing day by day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you interested in a position in USA, Are there any of your friends in US with DRC exp

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home